Thursday, March 22, 2007

Day 5

Thursday
My jog started off sluggish, but for the last half mile (of 3.5), my legs finally found that 2nd gear. It felt great, and the dogs were impressed. Also, I felt more coordinated in my basic jump drills (jumping onto a step).

I can tell I'm already losing weight. But I expected all this. I'm banking on the fact that my muscle memory will return me close to my old vertical, and my workouts should drop my weight quickly back to 10 pounds over highschool. Naive? We'll see. I have good genetics in the weight department, though not in leaping department. How often do you hear "Wow, that Jew can really sky!"

I still can't get through to the dunknow website. It seems scheisty. Meanwhile, I remembered that my cousin here in LA is an NFL agent. Certainly he must know some good trainers who can advise me on jump drills! They're all probably really busy getting the players ready for the draft, but I'm hoping for an interview.

Mickey, my trainer, gave me one of those handgrip squeezy things, to use when I drive. One hand per song. Right now I can barely squeeze it, and it hurts. In two months, I'll crush that ball like an egg.

No comments: