Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Week 41.1

THE FINAL CHAPTER BEGINS
Well, with a final push from Adam, one of my internet supporters, I contacted theVertical Jump Bible guru: Kelly Baggett . I've hired him to cater a specific workout for me. I've plateaued for about 6 months now, and i'm sick of it. So it's now or never. I had done Kelly's 12 week "novice" training program 2 times already, so this is it!

Allow me to summarize my quest thus far:
1. Mickey, "the black guy", is really just my friend. He's not really my trainer. Don't blame him for my lack of ability. Yes, he can dunk.
2. In highschool, i got rim just above my wrist. If i had better mechanics, I'd probably already have dunked and I wouldn't be here. I thought I could get my high school vert back in a few months....I was wrong.
3. My dunk quest summary: first couple of months i got in shape. I actually got rim on the palm of my hand. Then I started various workouts including the VJB. My vert fluctuated between tip of my fingers to my palm. I never got higher than my 2nd month, which is highly frustrating.
4. To all you haters, I'm doing my best. The ability to dunk is not something everyone can do, or something gained in 5 months. Shut your pieholes.

I'm gonna find out from Kelly how much I can show of my workouts. Since he might consider it proprietary, I may not be much...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. I really hope that works out well for you, because it would really suck for all of the work you did over the last few months to go to waste, so keep it up. Maybe 2008 will be a better jumping year for you. ;)