Thursday, December 13, 2007

Week 38.1

Well, if i was overtraining and needed a break, i think my 3 weeks off took care of that.

In fact, I did squats on Monday (dropped 40 lbs of my sets), and could feel the muscles hurting. Now 2 days later, my entire P-chain is sore and it hurts to walk. Getting out of a chair is a true achievement.

I was supposed to do deadlift tomorrow, but I may delay it to Friday, since i'm so sore from being out of the game.

Thanks to the readers who have offered support. I think I will train more on lower rims....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Man you have to get serious about this I mean I see you don`t really improve alot but if you are taking them breaks for a week,two or even three you won`t be dunking in another 6-7 months get serious and you`ll start dunking in 3-4 months and work on your upper body too you cant just do squats and deadlifts.I got bad knees and back so I know how it feels just get over it for a while and listen to your instructor he knows whot he`s talking about don`t think so much when you are jumping.Whish you success ,peace!

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel,

I just emailed you my thoughts on what it takes to improve your training (i sent it to "lavaman@ix.netcom.com".)

I CC'ed Kelly Baggett on the email because basically my recomendation was that you finally contact him! ;-)

Let me know if you want me to send you the email in case you don't use that email account anymore. So I hope you contact him dude! Your blog needs some more positive entires appearing and I think Kelly's training advice will get things better.

Hurry up and dunk it already ;-)

Take care and all the best in training your vertical.

Adam

Joel Lava said...

hey ivan, for the record, i hadn't taken a break for more than a week for 8 months