Thursday, January 17, 2008

Week 43.1

I'm back in my new "first week" with Kelly Baggett advising me.

Always one to complicate things, I've been replacing a few posts of my neighbor/tenant's fence. No easy task, as I had to take down the fence and dig out the old posts, 3 feet down, to pull out the cement blocks. The sprinkler line literally touched the cement blocks, so digging became an adventure. Naturally, I did a lot of bending and squatting, and my legs are really sore now, certainly not something Kelly would advise.

For my first couple weeks with Kelly, he just wants to have me do some explosive plyo training, to gauge where I'm at. Then the real workouts should begin, and this blog might get interesting.

Of course, at that time, I'll get hurt and land a time consuming sleepless music video and have to suspend my workouts....

...Until then, viva verticalogy!!!

1 comment:

Mike Teverbaugh said...

I've enjoyed your blog. I, too am on a dunk quest. I'm 51, and I also live in the Valley. I saw a video of yours taken at my son's school--Walter Reed. Check out my blog, chronicling my quest, at www.dunkordietrying.blogspot.com. best of luck to you.--mike teverbaugh