Thursday, May 31, 2007

Day 74-75

Wednesday, Thursday
Wed - good plyo workout, feeling a little weaker overall from weights I think. The Irony never ceases to escape me.

Thurs - Squats, Deadlift, etc. Did some more sets at 205lbs in squat, but only up to 165 with deadlift. My lower back was hurting pretty good. Not hurting too much, but definitely saying hello. I feel like I'm doing the exercises correctly, so maybe I strained it last week when I was doing the GoodMornings as well?

Friday will be an off day (trying to take days off after the weigthtlifting day), then on into the weekend.

Should shoot a video this weekend.

3 comments:

Iulian said...

The first time I did deadlifts I felt the same pain in my lower back, although I was doing them with the correct form. This soreness is normal and I think is called DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness).

The protein shakes are very good, you should drink one after your weightlifting training. I use whey protein(fast absortion) after a workout and milk&egg(slow absorbtion) before going to bed. I mix it with milk, or water; be sure you buy one that has chocolate or strawberry taste (very good taste). Don't worry, you won't get too bulky to jump :).. remember that:

"Muscle burns more fat. Weight training is increasingly recommended as a fat-busting tool because some experts say extra muscle burns more energy than body fat at rest, so if you develop more muscle and have a higher muscle to fat ratio than before, you must burn extra energy and more stored fat as a result."

Joel Lava said...

Good to hear. DOMS, yeah, that's it. It'll pass.

That milk and egg thing, do you make it? Or are there chocolate mild & egg things to buy?

Iulian said...

No, actually there's some protein powder. But I guess eating eggs (1 egg has 7grams=0.24ounce protein) and drinking milk will have the same effect.

I was telling you about those protein shakes cause they also have vitamins that will help you recover after a workout...