Saturday, May 19, 2007

Day 59-63

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Sorry for the lack of posts (don't worry, I've still been working out). It's a combo of being discouraged and embarrassed. Discouraged is understandable, but I'm embarrassed because of some of the response I'm getting. Lemme explain.

A few weeks ago, I started to get an occasional email telling me I'm doing the wrong workouts, and jumping poorly . I kinda had an idea on both points, but the emails confirmed it. It didn't help that the emails were from kids in high school, or half my age. Not to mention that I jumped highest in highschool, and now I weigh 20 more pounds, and have less flexibilty.

Then the unthinkable happened. Last week my music video for Kennedy "Your Mama" (best version at my website greentowel) was posted on the mainpage of youtube. You see, it was mothers day and Kennedy just signed with Cordless Records, a division of Warner Music. In less than a week, I got a million hits, and also a second chance to make it in videos. Anyway, because of the exposure, I started to get a few more emails about my dunk quest.

Many emailers were part of the user group at terminal vertical. In summary, it's been made clear that I need to hit the weights, and change my workouts more for strength, as I've been doing endurance training. I think it's a blessing that I've done endurance training though, because I got back into shape without injury.

Also, a lot of people recommend the Vertical Jump Bible. So I may as well get that too.

I gotta run, but I hope to show a lot better exercises from tomorrow's video, and I hope to get more great suggestions!

3 comments:

Iulian said...

i've been checking www.greentowel.com, you've got some great videos!!! What I want to ask u is... In the first video "Reel" there's a remix of Snoop Dogg's "Next Episode" and John Travolta's " You're the one that i want"... where can i find it?? BTW... that adidas commercial "Believe in 5" was one of the best sport commercials i have ever seen!! great job!!

Iulian said...

ok.... so i found it on www.thesmashmix.com... sorry 'bout the last post!!

Joel Lava said...

No Prob, Julian...thanks!