Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Week 49.1

Today was not a good workout. I think I'm not getting quite enough sleep, and sometimes you just aren't feelin it. I was also a little late getting up, so I nixed my upper body workout, because that requires me to drive to the gym. Instead, I just did some push-ups and vacuuming (unrelated to dunking, but hey).

My busy schedule has no signs of letting down, and next week I fly to Toronto for a shoot. I'm wondering if that would be a natural break from workouts anyways. I'll try to jog, but I've been doing these workouts for 5 weeks or so.

My partner, on the Dairy Queen ad campaigns we make, is a scrawny 6'5" out-of-shape 3D animator. And he can get his elbow to rim. I met another guy just like him today...Once again, I'm sick and tired of meeting all these dudes who can dunk, who most likely aren't as strong as me. I get the physiology behind it all, but it's still frustrating. And there's people who claim to have gained 10" in 5 months or something.

WHATEVER!

2 comments:

pelham32 said...

I know it can be frustrating, but don't worry how others are just worry about your workouts and stick with it, reallisticaly unless you can palm the ball dunking wont come untill you can get at least half of your wrist over the rim. Keep up with the workouts everybody has those days. May be you could set up a goal incrementally in heighth and see how high you can dunk. If you can dunk 9'8" then all you would need is 4 more inches on untill 10'. Search pelham32 on youtube and Check my backwards lob dunk. I'm also 6'2 .

Jeffrey said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah... get back to work you slacker!

If you think you've got any free time, I'll make you re-do all the animations! From scratch!