Friday, September 19, 2008

Week 78.1

OVER?
I don't know what to say. It's been 3 weeks since I've even posted, because it's sad.

I had become so overwhelmed with the move, work, a pregnant wife - I simply had no time to workout. And I can feel it. I tried jumping this weekend, and it was pitiful.

I think I've lost another 5 pounds somehow tho? Not sure on that yet.

If my wife doesn't go into labor this weekend, i will try one more jump, but it could be hard to even get on a wood basketball court. But I haven't done anything properly in the last month that one would expect for this quest.

At the end of the day, and I'll say it again, at 36 years old, I needed to play bball about 3x a week, on top of the jump training. Without that, I kept hitting a wall.

Sigh.....

4 comments:

Jon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hey man, if your pressed for time, you could just do 2 lower weight training sessions a week for 30-60 minutes. Just keep getting stronger until you can squat 2x bodyweight. Before the weights, do 2 RFI (reflexive firing isometrics)drills for 2-3 sets of 20s each and 1 jumping drill (running jumps, broad jumps, depth jumps) for 2-3 sets of 3-5 reps. Or you could just do it on a seprate session like in the middle of the week. It would take you 1-2 hours 2x a week if you choose to do speed and strength on the same day and 30-60 mins 3x a week if you separate the power work.

Here's how its going to look:

Monday and Friday
Squats 3-5x3-5 reps
Romanian Deadlifts 3-4x8-12 reps

Wednesday
RFI 1 drill 2-3x20s
RFI 2 drill 2-3x20s
Jumping drill 3-5x3-5 reps

Friday
Deadlifts 3-5x1-3 reps
Split Squats
Glute ham raise or leg curls 3-4x8-12 reps

That's it. just 30-60 mins 3x per week. If you have to skip a workout, skip on the power workout and just concentrate on getting stronger. Then when you get strong do power work like jumps and stuff.

Taking Flight said...

Hi,

I can sort of understand were your coming from you have so much to do that you barely have time to train.Im more then 10 years younger than you, but sometimes with work, university and other issues it makes it hard for me to train. Although, I would recommend the jumpsoles, its VERY TIME efficient i mean VERY. I ve done numerous programs AA3 AA the complete, M.V.P and go up strong and I can tell you that you only have to do it for only twice once on monday and another on thursday, plus the exercises work anddddddd its about 30 mins for a workout no joke. I am doing it right now and t is helping (by the way i created my jumpsoles i didnt buy them and i found the workout chart online) no money to spend its worth a try. If you need any vertical jump ideas you can check out my blog i just posted my first video of a workout I do at home it might help you . Anyways take care and best of luck

Joel Lava said...

thnaks for the comments guys