Friday, July 4, 2008

Week 67.1

Birthday
I turn 36 today, July 4th. So I started this at age 34. Crazy. I only have 2 months left, and then my baby is born and I'll be sleepless and exercise-less.

I'm in the final 2 weeks of my latest jump program with Kelly. This week I'm doing 30 depth jumps, 3x a week. My max height is 38", which is much higher than 24" I was doing the first week. Next week, I do nothing, though Kelly highly recommends playing some ball. To me, that's obvious advice year round, but it seems super important next week. I'm so busy with work and life that it may not be possible. But I'll try, injury be damned.

So a week from Sunday is the big day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dude
Have no idea how I found your blog, but I'm glad I did! It's awesome! Hope you can dunk on your next test! I'm 5'11'' and can dunk a tennisball. What do you think are my chances to dunk a basketball? I start training next week..

Anonymous said...

Hey Joel. I've been following for a long time and have made several comments. One thing just came to mind that I never even thought to mention here before, but it helped me soo much. Since I've started doing it I've improved my vertical 3-4" and am finally able to dunk with two hands.


The thing I've found to be so important is stretching.

Does VJB have any kind of stretching program, or has Kelly given you any such stretching program.

If you want I can give you some stretches, feel free to respond here, or send me an email at dshhale@hotmail.com.