Thursday, May 29, 2008

Week 62.2

Yeah?
I woke up after 5 hours of sleep to workout. I felt a little sluggish, but not much weaker than I have in the past. After my depth drops, I went to the gym for squats. And to my surprise, for my 3rd set of 5 reps, I did 225lbs! After a year of training that's not stellar, but it felt great and I was very pleased with myself. I felt totally energized. I'll be curious to see how sore I get. I usually start getting sore the next day, and the 2nd day is brutal.

Kelly has me doing plyometric depth drops from 10-20% more than my vert, which for me is 30"+. The idea is to shock train the explosiveness aspect. After doing a few months of pure strength training, I should be at a point to take advantage of the plyometrics. He wrote an article about it here.

NOTE: Thanks to everyone who comments. I try to reply, and for some reason my settings don't let me contact people directly.

No comments: