Sunday, May 11, 2008

Week 60.1

Truckin Along
Last week, I had a great session with my lunges...So great, I suppose, that I was super sore again. On Friday I was supposed to start my jump training regimen, but during warmups I strained my hamstring/groin. I decided to bag the day and just did upper body weights.

Luckily, 2 days later (today), I was healed and did the lunges well again. Perhaps our 2 night stay up at a cabin in BigBear, at 8000ft altitude, helped me heal?

Oh, and in a seemingly cool development, my Week 6 video was flagged by a music company - UMG (Universal Music Group)? That's the only info i have, but the 2 bands I used were The Fratellis and Mika. I'm allowed to keep using the songs, so I guess they think it's a good ad for them...hmmm....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to let you know I really appreciate your videos. Not only am I currently studying design and film as an undergraduate, but I also have the same aspirations in terms of the holy grail - the vertical jump, and if you will, finally being able to dunk.. The plateau of all plateau's in basketball.

I've just watched all your videos on YouTube and find it inspirational. I've tried VJB a year and a half back but just couldn't commit the time into it, but have recently began looking back into it. Diet was a huge issue, as I'm mostly a vegetarian, so gains would be difficult without a serious commitment on this end.

From my basic knowledge of all things, I think you need to do some of those workouts you're doing with a bit more explosiveness. Asides from that, I really don't hold much credence in any other regard.. Just a little thing from my observations..

On the contrary, you've been a big inspiration for me man! Keep up the good work.. It's been a while but you're getting there.

Anonymous said...

Joel how much did Kellys services cost you roughly?

Taking Flight said...

I follow your blog sometimes its very interesting and inspiring at your age i have to say you prove to ppl that its never to late.I myself can dunk but i continously train to reach beyond I can do and when i see guys like you trying to break that plateau it really make me appreciate the work ethic.I fyou even need some tips of vertical jump im not an expert like kelly of the VJB,but Iève done a few programs myself erad alot about vertical jumps and trained myself intensely to reach potential. I ave a blogspot to (actually its you that gave me the idea to do one lol) its: http://verticaljumpjourney.blogspot.com/ check it out its still pretty new but i try to keep updated

Taking Flight said...

ohh one more thing good luck and hope to see the future improvements, you can do it dont give up

Joel Lava said...

Hey, to answer some questions
Kelly's services are on his site...it's like 100 for initial month and then 50 each month after....emails only pretty much

Sorry if it doesn't look like i'm exploding in my workouts...i'm trying hard. The fact i have no explosiveness is part of the problem.