Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Week 51.1

Holy %#*!

Next week, my quest will be a YEAR OLD!!! I'm sad that I haven't reached my goal, but proud that I've been dedicated for so long. I'll definitely have to get my new video up.

I'm in Toronto this week for a shoot (tomorrow.....by the way, I'm working with legendary cinematographer, Dean Cundey!). I flew a red-eye Sunday night, so any chance of a workout Monday was derailed by involuntary napping. I also found out a one week gym membership in my area would cost $50 -- and therefore ruled that out. I didn't even find out if they had squat racks.

Today I still jogged to stay in shape, along Lake Ontario. In Toronto. Canada. In the winter. I actually did quite well, except the lack of gloves killed me. And I think I froze half of my alvioli (the oxygen receptors on the lungs). So unless it warms up Thursday before my flight, I'm only working out Tuesday and Friday. I just hope I don't lose ground in my training.

Man. A year. I can tell you this, now that I'm working out as much as possible and doing upper body, I look closer to 22. I still have some "gettin older" weight on the sides, but it's less than a year ago. As far as using Kelly this year, I've improved my jump 2 ", but I'm still not where I peaked last May. Things are looking good though....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have you ever run suicides?

Joel Lava said...

Yeah, I've done suicides. There's a million exercises I could do, including actually playing basketball, though that would kill my shoulder and ankles, sadly. I just decided to pick a workout regiment, even though there's other good exercises out there...