Monday, September 3, 2007

Week 24.1

Hmmmm.

Well, this last week i took a break from plyo/weights and just jogged. Sunday was supposed to be my big day of jumping gains. It probably would have helped if the day before, I didn't spend 10 hours sanding/staining my deck -- which consisted of squatting over all day, with tons of kneeling and manual labor.

When i tried jumping off one leg, I stayed kaput at the same 25" I've been at for 3 months. And my legs definitely felt exhausted - no doubt from the previous day. Quite frustrating and equally embarrassing, both in planning and lack of production. I'm at a loss, but I'll still keep working out, because that's still healthy.

VERY INTERESTING NOTE: I also jumped from 2 feet, and also got 25". That's a 3-4" gain from whenever I last checked! Clearly, my gains in squats are a big factor. Whereas, my non-gains in explosiveness aren't helping my one legged jumps. Many people have written in to say trying 2 legged jumping. I did this in high school, when I couldn't quite dunk, which is why I've tried the 1 legged approach. At this point,

it behooves me to train a little in both.

Tomorrow, I restart the novice plyo/weights from Vertical Jump Bible. Stupid bible.

No comments: