Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Week 25.1

Started another round of weightlifting on Monday, after a 2 week hiatus. Now my inner thighs feel like they've ripped apart. Yeah, it's a good feeling.

So, my jumping has gone nowhere. My one legged jump has decreased back to square one, and my leaping leg feels fatigued.

Meanwhile, my 2-footed leaping has increased 4 inches.

What's this all mean? Well, 1), i'm going to keep pursuing my quest.

2) I'm gonna jog more. I was getting input not to jog too much, or "overtrain". But the fact is, I had cut down on jogging, and was getting out of shape, and was feeling less flexible. So now I will jog more, and possibly even play some ball, but that's just a big invitation to injury.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wouldnt start jogging more but to keep in shape do your plyometrics instead. Try sprint (up to 40m or basketball court size), bounding, skipping (not rope style but like hop scotch) frog hops and other plyometric excersises like that. This is a great workout and better for your vertical than running.

or play more ball!

Joel Lava said...

thanks....i will try to do those things