Monday, June 18, 2007

Day 93

Monday
Had a great weight session today. Even though I went to bed at 3am, and was tired, I lifted 225 with relative ease. I couldn't have done more, but I just felt stronger. I did 4 sets of 6 reps at 225! Caveat: I don't quite go as low as I should, but that flexibility is also increasing with time.

Other news
-My lower back isn't as sore. I was optimistic about this, because the soreness always appeard mostly muscular, and not spinal
-Today was my first day of the VJB training program. I also did squat jumps with 135lbs, where you do a full squat and then burst up and jump if you can (I could). That one felt good simply because anything with jumping feels like the right direction.
-I am now doing deadlifts and squats on separate days

Tomorrow is my first "new" plyo day, now according to the VJB novice setup. It recommends only working out 3 days a week, with one plyo day the same as the weights day. I don't know that I have time for that (today I did). So I'm going with an alternate program of 2 days weights, 2 days plyo, 3 rest per week.

I'll list my workout regimen in a future post.

No comments: